How To Use Newly Released Steam Deck CSGO?
At first glance, Steam Deck CSGO seems impossible, but not because this device cannot support it. The reason is exclusively related to the input methods offered by Steam Deck and the need to react in milliseconds in order to be a good Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Player.
However, unless you are competing on FACEIT, Steam Deck CSGO is perfectly viable. You might need a few weeks to become familiar with all device peculiarities. But it is not a hopeless endeavour.
Will CSGO Be on Steam Deck?
It is the question that many Steam Deck buyers were asking before they got the device. And Valve quickly gave everyone the answer: OF COURSE!
Now that Steam Deck is available. What is more, it is shipped to customers around the world. Thus, CS:GO players of all ranks have started playing with CSGO on Steam Deck. The goal is to find the optimal way to play the game using this device.
When using a keyboard and a mouse, it is relatively easy to aim and move with precision. But CSGO Steam Deck is a different experience from the standard CSGO you play on a computer.
Can Steam Deck Run PC Games Like CS?
Of course. Steam Deck was designed to allow you to play about anything from your Steam library. You can run hundreds of games on it. However, if you own the 512GB version, you will not have any issues installing dozens of games and playing them while being away from home.
The Steam Deck specs are the following:
- AMD APU
- CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU power: 4-15W
- 16 GB LPDDR5 on-board RAM (5500 MT/s quad 32-bit channels)
- 64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
- 256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2*)
- 512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2*)
- Resolution: 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio)
- Type: Optically bonded IPS LCD for enhanced readability
- Display size: 7″ diagonal
- Brightness: 400 nits typical
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Touch enabled: Yes
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor
Steam Deck CSGO FPS
CSGO on Steam Deck has excellent fps. If you’re worried about the quality of your experience, rest assured that the number of frames per second is more than enough.
Valve Steam Deck Update
At the end of June 2022, Valve released a Steam Deck update that may improve the experience of those who use the device to play CSGO. Based on the patch notes, the changes introduced by Valve are the following:
- Steam Deck now allows other game controllers to be connected via Steam Input. All of the connected controllers combine inputs.
- “Combined Yaw & Roll” is the new default Gyro conversion on Steam Deck. All other controllers default to “Yaw”.
- Radial menus such as Quick Buy radials no longer persist when dying.
- Some glyph fixes were made for Spectator mode.
If you play CS or any other game from your Steam library on Steam Deck, these changes should help considerably. Handheld gaming is not designed for highly competitive games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
However, the company is trying its best to make the device as viable as possible for all types of gamers and incentivize them to buy it. Perhaps the new update will give entry-level CSGO enthusiasts an extra reason to make the purchase. As for the Global Elites, it is hard to imagine them competing against some of the world’s best at a disadvantage.
Game Controllers Compatible with Steam Deck
Below you can find a list of game controllers that you can use when playing games like CSGO on Steam Deck:
- DirectInput controllers
- XInput controllers
- Xbox One controller
- Xbox 360 controller
- Xbox Series X/S controller
- Steam Controller
- Nintendo Switch Pro controller
- PlayStation DualShock 4
- PlayStation DualShock 3 works via USB cable only.
- PlayStation DualSense
The goal of Valve Corp is to guarantee similar input devices when users play on Steam Deck. That way, they are much more likely to experiment with the device. The worst part about a handheld device like Steam Deck is the start. Before taking maximum from this device, you should learn how to use it. And it is not easy.
Usually, players seek to get every advantage they can by using a gaming mouse, a mechanical keyboard, a gaming chair, and expensive headphones. After investing hundreds of dollars in high-quality equipment that can give you an edge at the highest competitive level, you do not just want to switch to a simple handheld device.
But if you are a beginner and do not worry about dozens of gameplay optimizations, Steam Deck CSGO is perfectly viable.
Sell CS:GO Skins for PayPal Instantly!